FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: CULTURAL CENTER HOLIDAY PROTEST

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
SAVE FLINT HISTORY

A protest is planned at the Cultural Centers Annual Holiday Walk on December 5th from 5:00 to 8:30. Its time to bring your friends, family and neighbors out to SPEAK OUT against the Cultural Center.

Its time to protest and picket this organization and its lack of culture. Their lack of common sense and love of Flint History.

Please bring signs, banners, and warm clothes. Also we need lots of kids, please bring your kids with you. And seniors!! WE MUST SHOW LOTS OF SUPPORT, PLESAE PASS THIS ALONG TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO VOLUNTEER CONTACT THE FLINT HISTORIC DISTRICT COMMISSION, LEE ANN BARKUS or RYAN EASHO. I HOPE WE CAN GET THE LAUNDRY ROOM GUYS, THE UNCOMMON SENSE, THE FLINT JOURNAL, AND ALL FLINT TALK PEOPLE.....
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:31 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:28 am 
Amanda

Count 2 of us in, where exactly are people meeting?
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:37 am 
Party Goer

To anyone interested in protesting the Manning Court demolitions
at Historic District Commissioner Steve Heddy's fundraiser to raise
money for the Flint Institute of Music (that Heddy SHOULD have
abstained from voting on), the party will be held at Heddy's home,
1212 Woodlawn Park Drive in Flint. It will be from 11 am to 3 p.m.
on Sunday, december 3.
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:51 pm 
GregoryJVanucci
F L I N T O I D

Anyone interested should visit www.eastvillagemagazine.org to read about the Manning Street Houses to be demolished or the Flint Historic District Commission.

The website has photos of some of the Manning Street houses, the city's historic district ordinance, as well as other related stories, opinion pieces and a brief history of the historic district.

Please, send your letters by e-mail to eastvillagemagazine@excite.com, as letters to the editor are encouraged.

The stories speak for themselves. Additional stories are not planned, but are probably inevitable.

P.S., I don't regularly come to this site, as I do not have the internet at home or work. Please, forgive any slowness in responding to you if you attempt to contact me other than through the above mentioned e-mail address.

Last edited by GregoryJVanucci on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

quote:
Party Goer schreef:
on Sunday, december 3.

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!!!!! PASS THIS ON TO YOUR EMAIL LISTS!!!
WE WILL DEFINITELY BE THROWN OUT OF THE HOLIDAY WALK, FAST!
THE HEDDY EVENT MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES FOR THE POSSE TO ARRIVE!

MAY ALSO WANT TO CALL CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS FOR LACK OF MAINTENANCE ON MANNING ST. RENTALS. Take a drive down Manning St. the one on the corner looks great ...obvious lack of maintainence further down. Once beautiful Historic homes...sad to let them go like that for the sole reason to make room for a gosh darn parking lot...for an ELITIST grand plan for convienent parking.

RAP
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:49 pm 
Dave

quote:
Larry schreef:
ok we can do this da da da dada larry and john on docket we can and will
i cant promise its like 1 am and i dont know where john is but ok im sure he will be up for it and thanks for wanting us be prepared to talk on camara

YOU GUYS COMING??

on Sunday, december 3.
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:02 am 
Tara

I will be there.
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:35 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

How about everyone just show up for the Holiday Walk next Tuesday, wear a small sandwich board type sign on your front/back protesting the Manning Court decision and just partake in the events? The event is probably scheduled to be covered at least by ABC 12 anyway, a protest would be sure to get some attention.

BTW, did anyone read Jack Minore's letter to the editor in this week's FJ, I believe it was in Tuesday's paper? He suggested at least 3 other alternatives that would seem to provide solutions to the FIM concerns without touching the homes. Since he lived in one of the properties, he seemed to know alot about the specific conditions.

Wonder if anyone from the Historical Commission has any interest in taking a run back at the Cultural Center to see if they considered ANY of these suggestions? And if not, why not consider them now. Its never too late.

Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:32 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Who's Organizing this event? Do we know?
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Amanda

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Who's Organizing this event? Do we know?

Nope, but I will be there, so at least 1 person will be out protesting.
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:27 pm 
pissed off ma ma bear

I cannot believe you would use a Christmas Holiday in honor of JESUS to do your protest,,,,a true Christian would never do such a thing,,,this idea discusted me totally,,,AMEN
Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:44 am 
John

quote:
pissed off ma ma bear schreef:
I cannot believe you would use a Christmas Holiday in honor of JESUS to do your protest,,,,a true Christian would never do such a thing,,,this idea discusted me totally,,,AMEN

Ma Ma Bear, see this is why I voted for you, for woMan of the year.
These people are nutts. THe Holiday protest is a bunch of bull sh_t.
It was just a smoke screen, people want those houses torn down, especially
Jim Rutherford, Steve Heddy, Ryan Eahsoo, Leeanne Barkas and Dale Suomela, all the commissioners who were appointed by
Mayor Williamson,, and APPROVED by Flint City Council

They all need to be removed, they are all croonies of mayor don williamson.
They are ruining Flint. Please help us get rid of these people.
Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:54 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pissed off ma ma bear schreef:

Mama,

I think the holiday is safe. From what I understand, nobody showed up anyway. Santa won again! [the great movie, Santa Claus Conquers the MArtians was on the other night...what a hoot.] so now we have "Santa Conquers the Protestors"?

As in most things in life; when all is said then done. More will be said than done.

The proper response to the Manning Court situation is occurring where it will have the appropriate impact; in court.

merry Christmas,

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:00 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: