FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: More blacks arrested in mob attack on whites

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

WND CRIME
More blacks arrested in mob attack on whites
Defense attorney: 'I don't think it has a racial intent' Rolling Eyes Fu---ng unbelievable

Marjon Rostami
Police in Norfolk, Va., have arrested three more black teenagers in connection with a mob assault last month on two white reporters for the local newspaper, a case which has sparked national public outrage but little media attention.

16-year-olds and one 13-year-old were taken into custody Saturday, each charged with two counts of simple assault by mob and one count of participation in a riot, both of which are misdemeanors.

It brings the total number of arrested suspects to four, since another 16-year-old was arrested May 3, charged with throwing a missile at a vehicle, a felony, as well as two counts of simple assault by mob, destruction of property and participation in a riot, all misdemeanors.

As WND originally reported, the couple was pummeled at a traffic light April 14 by dozens of black teens, and the Virginian-Pilot newspaper did not report the incident for two weeks, despite the fact the victims, Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami, are both news reporters for the paper.

The attack was first reported in an opinion piece by columnist Michelle Washington.

“Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim,” Washington wrote, describing the onslaught that began when Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami stopped at a traffic light while driving home from a show on a Saturday night. A crowd of at least 100 black young people was on the sidewalk at the time.

“Rostami locked her car door. Someone threw a rock at her window. Forster got out to confront the rock-thrower, and that’s when the beating began. …

“The victim’s friend, a young woman, tried to pull him back into his car. Attackers came after her, pulling her hair, punching her head and causing a bloody scratch to the surface of her eye. She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. It happened four blocks from where they work, here at the Virginian-Pilot.”

Dave Forster
Today, WAVY-TV, the local NBC affiliate, covered the first appearance in court for three of the suspects.

Afterward, when asked if the attack was racially motivated, one teen suspect simply responded, “No.”

Bruce Sams, the attorney for one of the 16-year-olds, told the station, “I don’t think it has a racial intent. It was certainly an incident that happened that was more sparked. I don’t believe, from my understanding, from what I even know of what happened, that they could even be identified as two white individuals in the car.”

A 16-year-old female witness to the attack spoke with WAVY, but the girl was so afraid of retaliation, she insisted on hiding her identity.

When asked if she thought the suspect threw the rock at the victims’ car because the driver was white, she responded, “They were throwing stuff, just because … just because. They were just hyped and ‘Oh I want to do something’ … So they threw something. They didn’t know there were going to be white people in the car.”

She told the station there were dozens of people yelling on the sidewalks, mostly kids her age.

“There were cars leaving the party and there were regular people from everyday life, just driving around,” she said. “As they were driving, people kept going. I was confused like, ‘Is anybody going to get out the car? Is anybody going to beep, stop, help?’”

When Forster finally got back into the Chevy Cavalier, the girl says a group of teens went to check on him. They told her the driver had blood on his face, but said he was fine and planned to tell police.

Initial police report indicates a hate crime
Norfolk Police classified the case as a hate crime on its initial police report, but police spokesman Chris Amos told WND, “That is a glitch in the report entry software nothing more. Again, it IS NOT being investigated as a hate crime.”

But Amos also did not deny the possibility of it being a hate crime against the white couple.

“Could it have been? Yeah, it could have, I guess,” he added. “We certainly haven’t ruled that out, but we haven’t seen anything that jumps out at us other than someone throwing a rock at someone’s car.”

A reader of the Virginian-Pilot in the Ghent section of Norfolk is telling police today the charges against the teens don’t go far enough.

“If this was a group of white kids attacking any non-white ethnicity at a stoplight,” the reader named Chris said, “the Department of Justice would be in Norfolk pressing for civil rights charges so fast your heads would spin. This is a prime example of the double standard in today’s society. No one will ever be able to proclaim equality if incidents continue to be handled like this. Reverse racism is still racism. As soon as people get over their ‘white guilt,’ we can make progress. Neither side of my family made it to the U.S. until 1908. I owe the African-American community no apologies, and I live my life by that belief. Stop feeling guilty for things you have no connection to.” The editor of the Virginian-Pilot has come under heavy criticism from members of the public and the likes of Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly for burying the story for two weeks and still continuing to downplay it.

“They think we buried the story. We didn’t. We didn’t bury anything,” Denis Finley, the paper’s editor, told WND. “People are just not stopping to think. What would be my motivation for protecting people who beat up two of my reporters? It’s completely ludicrous that I would do that.”

“I think we did the right thing. I think we’re on solid ground. I don’t think we can win here. If we had published a story, it would look like we’re playing favorites. Because I didn’t publish it, now I’m accused of a cover-up.”

Post Mon May 14, 2012 7:44 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Hate Crime Statistics, 2010 is available exclusively on the FBI’s website at www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr.

Flint had 0 hate crimes. Davison and Flushing each had one for 2010. 2011 have not been released.
Post Tue May 15, 2012 6:32 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Just in the past month, three men were indicted in New Mexico for assaulting a disabled Navajo man; one individual was sentenced for putting a hangman’s noose on the house of a Honduran immigrant in Louisiana; and another man was sentenced for burning a predominately African-American church in Massachusetts.

All three of these incidents were investigated by the FBI as federal hate crimes, the number one priority of our civil rights program. Another FBI priority is the annual collection and public reporting of hate crimes…in order to help the nation get a more accurate accounting of the problem.
Today, we’re releasing here on our website the latest figures on bias-motivated crimes in our Hate Crime Statistics, 2009 report.

While the number of law enforcement agencies submitting data to us increased—topping off at 14,222—the number of hate crime incidents reported for 2009 (6,604) was down from 2008. The number of reported victims (8,336) has also gone down. (“Victims,” in this case, can be individuals, businesses, institutions, and society as a whole.)

Some of the general findings include:

Victims

■61.1 percent of all hate crimes were committed against persons, while 38.1 percent were crimes against property.
Of the 4,057 victims of racial bias, 71.5 percent were victims because of an offender’s prejudice against blacks.
■Of the 1,575 victims of anti-religious hate crimes, 71.9 percent were victims because of an offender’s anti-Jewish bias.
Offenders

Of the 6,225 known offenders, 62.4 percent were white, 18.5 percent were black, and 7.3 percent were groups of individuals of various races. The race was unknown for 10.2 percent of offenders, and other races accounted for the remaining offenders.■ Of the 5,136 offenders who carried out crimes against persons, 40.3 percent committed simple assaults, 34.6 percent intimidated their victims, and 23.5 percent committed aggravated assaults. Murders and rapes were committed by 1.2 percent of the offenders.
Crime locations

■31.3 percent of hate crime incidents—whether motivated by racial, religious, sexual orientation, ethnicity/national origin, or disability bias—happened in or near victims’ homes. ■17.2 percent took place on highways, roads, alleys, or streets.
Read the entire report for more details on victims, offenders, and crime locations, as well as state aggregate totals and individual agency breakdowns of bias-motivated crimes submitted to the FBI.

Update on last year’s new hate crime legislation: The Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr., Hate Crime Prevention Act adds two new categories to our list of biases—actual or perceived gender and gender identity. Our Uniform Crime Reporting Program staff continues to work toward expanding its training for state and local law enforcement on reporting these new categories of biases and then on incorporating them into our future publications.

In addition to releasing hate crime statistics yearly, the FBI remains committed to protecting individual civil rights and investigating hate crimes. Special Agent Cynthia Deitle, who heads up our civil rights program in Washington, D.C., says, “During 2010, the FBI devoted additional resources to combat hate crime in those cities most at risk for bias-motivated violence. Working in collaboration with state and local law enforcement agencies, as well as our non-governmental partners, we are confident we can mitigate the risks and impact hate crimes have on individuals and communitie.
Post Tue May 15, 2012 6:37 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for pointing out the fact that black on white crime is rarely prosecuted by the obama gang as a hate crime.

And of course we now have this-----FBI may charge George Zimmerman with hate crime

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/fbi-seeks-charge-george-zimmerman-hate-crime/nN5pR/

Post Tue May 15, 2012 8:03 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

HE WAAS ANGRY ABOUT A "F**KING N***a" BUT THE SHOTINGS OF 5 BLACK MEN WERE NOT RACIALLY MOTIVATED?

Tulsa Shooting Suspects Charged With Murder
ABC News
By DEAN SCHABNER

April 14, 2012

One of two white Oklahoma men accused of hate crimes in a shooting spree that left three black people dead in Tulsa says in a jailhouse interview that he has no hatred for blacks.

Jake England's attorney Clark Brewster, released a seven-minute tape of the interview with his client today, in which the 19-year-old says he has friends who are black. The video was posted by Tulsa TV station KOTV.

"The line of work that I was in and the place I worked, we always got along with everybody," England says in the video. "It didn't matter what color you were."

England and Alvin Watts, 32, have reportedly confessed to carrying out the rampage on April 6 that left three people dead and two others seriously wounded. According to The Associated Press, England confessed to shooting three people and Watts confessed to shooting two.

The two men were charged Friday with three counts each of first-degree murder, two counts of shooting with intent to kill and five counts of malicious intimidation or harassment.

In the video posted by KOTV, England seems stoic, but his deep voice seems to catch when the lawyer asks him about the violent deaths of his father and girlfriend.

Staring hard into the camera, England describes how his father was killed trying to defend his sister and her two young children from a man trying to break into their home.

England also discusses how his girlfriend, with whom he had a young son, shot herself in the head in front of him and the toddler in January.

Police have said their investigation of the killings included England's racially charged Facebook postings.

The shootings occurred nearly two years to the day after a black man shot England's father, Carl England, to death on April 5, 2010, according to a post from his Facebook. Authorities believe Watts was a friend of England's father.

On April 5 at 4:04 p.m., England wrote, "Today is two years that my dad has been gone shot by a f------ n----- it's hard not to go off between that and sheran I'm gone in the head."

In the interview with his lawyer, England said that statement was directed at the man who killed his father, and not at black people in general.

"It was just to express the way I was upset about the guy who shot my dad," England said. "That's the only time I ever express anything like that about somebody."

According to England's Facebook page, his girlfriend, Sheran Hart Wilde, recently died.

The five victims were shot early April 6 in four separate incidents during a span of less than two hours on the same side of town and not far from one another, police said.

Police identified the deceased victims as Bobby Clark, 54, and William Allen, 31, and Dannaer Fields, 49, the only woman among the victims. There was no connection between the suspects and victims, police said at a news conference on April 8.

Two males were critically wounded in the shooting spree. All of the victims were targeted while they were out walking, and apparently did not know each other.

"We have not been able to find any commonality between the victims other than they were walking on the street," Sgt. Dave Walker of the Tulsa Police Department said.

On the night of April 6, England posted on Facebook, "Chilling at that house people talking s--- on me for some s--- I didn't do ... it just mite be the time to call it quits I I hate to say it like that but I'm done if something does happen tonite be ready for another funeral later."

A series of tips led to the arrests of both men at a house north of Tulsa around 2 a.m. on April 8.

ABC News' Christina Ng, Pierre Thomas and Olivia Katrandjian contributed to this report.
Post Tue May 15, 2012 5:51 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

On April 5 at 4:04 p.m., England wrote, "Today is two years that my dad has been gone shot by a f------ n----- it's hard not to go off between that and sheran I'm gone in the head."

Yup people flip out and go nuts sounds like this guy had a good reason.

Heres another for ya.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/255240/250/VIDEO-US-Army-soldier-brutally-beaten-in-South-Tampa-

Post Wed May 16, 2012 7:39 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: