FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A Violent Summer and the violence continues!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

FPO reported 2 women are in critical condition after being shot in the 6500 block of Darryl Drive. This brings the total of shooting and stabbing victims since 6/21 to 34. Thanks Hurley Trauma unit for the reduction in our murder rate. #1 trauma unit north of Detroit.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:40 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Kudos to channel 5! They are the first news outlet reporting the swat team that captured two suspected bank robbers on Raskob and ballenger. Flint Police Operations has been updating the story on a regular basis.

SWAT team deployed to arrest suspected bank robbers

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 2:16 PM EDT Updated: Jul 13, 2012 3:37 PM EDT

By Tom Plahutnik, Web Editor/Producer - email

GENESEE COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -
Police were called to the scene of a bank robbery in Grand Blanc on Friday morning.

The men, who are described as African-American, robbed The State Bank on S. Saginaw Street in Grand Blanc around 9:30 a.m.

Witnesses reported that the men wore all black, with masks, gloves and sunglasses covering their faces and hands. Both men were also reported to be toting semi-automatic handguns during the robbery.

A second robbery was reported at the Family Community Credit Union on E. Bristol Road in Burton around 10:40 a.m., about six miles from the State Bank. In that robbery, three men with handguns came in and robbed the bank.

Friday afternoon a police SWAT team surrounded a house on Raskob Street, not far from Ballenger Highway in Flint, that could contain the men who could be linked to the bank robberies.

A TV5 photographer at the scene said that two people have been taken into custody and removed from the scene. Right now it appears that the situation is under control and the SWAT team is standing down.

Copyright WNEM 2012 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:55 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Former Graphic Press building

Vacant commercial structure on Dort Highway apparently set on fire for second time this week

Published: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 7:33 AM Updated: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 7:34 AM

By David Harris | dharris5@mlive.com

FLINT, MI -- A vacant commercial structure was destroyed this morning after it was apparently set on fire for the second time this week, said Battalion Chief Joe Morrison.

Firefighters responded to the fire at about 4 a.m. today at the storefront on Dort Highway and Ohio Avenue. The building was destroyed this time.

The building also was set on fire on Monday morning. Firefighters were able to knock it down before the building was destroyed.

Both fires are considered suspicious and arson investigators are looking into it, Morrison said.

There were no injuries at either fire.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:39 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Two suspects in police custody after double shooting that left Flint women injured

Published: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 10:18 PM Updated: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 10:49 PM

By Khalil AlHajal | kalhajal@mlive.com

FLINT, MI – Two men are in custody in relation to a double shooting that injured two women on the city's north side Wednesday night, police said.

Police said shots were fired between two feuding groups of people on Daryll Drive and two women who do not appear to have been the intended targets were struck by bullets.

Latrice Green, 41, and Debra Towner, 50, both survived, but each was initially listed in critical condition at Hurley Medical Center.

Police plan to request charges against the two arrested men on Friday.

The suspects are being held at Genesee County Jail.

The shootings occurred in the middle of a block of well-kept homes occupied primarily by senior citizens.

Several of them gathered at one end of the block Wednesday night full of frustration over what they called a worsening presence of guns and commotion among a younger group of renters in the neighborhood.

"It's just that young generation gone crazy and putting our lives in danger," said John Carter, 64. "It makes you scared to sit outside."
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:44 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Sleeping woman suffers bullet wounds to both legs when shots fired into Flint home

Published: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:45 PM Updated: Friday, July 13, 2012, 12:15 AM

FLINT, MI -- A woman was shot in both legs while she slept on Wednesday, according to a police report.

Shots were fired into the south-side home on East Livingston Drive around 2 a.m., striking and injuring the women as she slept, according to the report.

The woman suffered injuries to her lower left and right legs, police reported.

She was listed in good condition at the hospital, according to the police report.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:47 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint officials warn against scam that Obama will pay utility bills

Published: Friday, July 13, 2012, 11:38 AM Updated: Friday, July 13, 2012, 3:43 PM

By Kristin Longley | klongley1@mlive.com

FLINT, MI -- The city of Flint issued a warning to residents today about a new scam that claims the Obama administration will pay utility bills as part of a federal government relief plan.

The scam's perpetrators call, text or email potential victims, telling them they will be given a special account number to use to pay their utility bills after an "application process" that includes divulging personal information, such as their social security number.

City Treasurer Doug Bingaman said he's already seen instances of Flint residents attempting to pay their bills with the same false account number.

The Flint Police Department wants residents to be aware of the scam, and be cautious about anyone asking for personal information, regardless of the reason given.

Residents who believe they may be victims can report it on the city of Flint's online police reporting system, found here, or by calling 810-257-6900.

Thousands of people across the country have already fallen victim to the scam, which is spread by phone, social media, text messaging and flyers, according to an Associated Press report.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Intoxicated man tells Flint police he was assaulted while selling drugs

Published: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:16 PM Updated: Friday, July 13, 2012, 12:02 AM

FLINT, MI -- An intoxicated man told police he was assaulted while selling drugs at a Flint home this week, according to a police report released today.

The man was transported after the assault on Monday to Hurley Medical Center, where he told police he was selling drugs at a home on Prospect Street around 5 p.m. when he was accused by other drug dealers of stealing money, according to the police report.

Police described the man as heavily intoxicated, with lacerations to the left side of the head and a swollen lip.

He told police he was assaulted with an unknown object and said he didn't know who hit him.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:58 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man taken to Hurley Medical Center early this morning with critical gunshot wounds to his torso

Published: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 12:05 PM Updated: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 12:05 PM

By Sarah Wojcik | swojcik1@mlive.com

FLINT, MI -- At 1:19 a.m., Flint police responded to a call in reference to gunshots and discovered a man lying on the ground with gunshot wounds to his left torso, according to police reports.

Police transported the victim to Hurley Medican Center, where he was listed to be in critical condition.

The man was found at 637 E. Alma.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:12 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Male stabbed at Church and 10th.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:33 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint Police Operations just posted their new unofficial numbers from 6/21/12 to 7/14/12:
5 murders
30 wounded from gunshots
10 wounded in stabbings
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:29 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I wonder what the totals are for the year.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

FPO just started keeping the totals so you can imagine how high the wounded level would be.

Hurley is doing a great job of keeping them alive with their top level Trauma unit.
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:31 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Another homicide. Per the scanner, 300 block of Odette.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
brianstarr
F L I N T O I D

well everyone just think now that we have had another murder now the grinning fool can come on tv and lie again about the real state of this city like he usually does and i send my prayers to the victims family and i also expect another useless march from the concerned pastors as well
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:45 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint Housing Commission has many dangerous public housing sites and the most recent hot spot appears to be the Regency housing units. There have been many calls there recently and the latest is concerning three men walking through the projects with guns including 2 AK 47s/ Where is the administration of these units and the board members regarding federal rules and occupancy.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:04 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: