FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A Violent Summer and the violence continues!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint's latest homicide victim, Jody Allen, was decorated Flint Northwestern point guard in mid-1990s

Published: Monday, July 16, 2012, 12:08 PM Updated: Monday, July 16, 2012, 12:13 PM

By David Harris | dharris5@mlive.com

Griffin Moores | MLive.comA police officer enters a house where a man was shot on Odette Street between Iroquois Avenue and Mason Street in Flint, Mich on July 15, 2012. 7/15/12 , Michigan
FLINT, MI -- Sunday's homicide victim was a special mention all-state and two-time all-conference point guard at Flint Northwestern High School in the mid-1990s, according to his great uncle.

Jody D. Allen, 34, was on the porch of a home on Odette Street near Mason Street, when he was gunned down, police say.

Allen excelled at Northwestern, averaging 21.5 points and 8 assists his senior year in 1995-96. He was named special mention all-state and earned his second All-Saginaw Valley Conference accolade his senior year, according to Flint Journal archives.

Allen's great uncle, Fred Williams, 69, called the situation a "tragedy."

"He loved basketball," Williams said. "He was crazy about it."

Williams said his great nephew made some poor decisions that made him live a life on the streets. It stopped him from going on to college to play ball, he said.

"He just didn't see it as a possible way out," he said. "So much potential wasted."

Aside from that, Williams said Allen was a good guy who had "oodles of friends."

"He wasn't an angel, but no one deserves to die that way," he said.

Morris Peterson, who played with Allen at Northwestern and went on to star at Michigan State University and play in the NBA, had high praise for Allen. Peterson told Slam Magazine in 2009 that Allen did "some unbelievable things with the basketball."

"[O]ne of the guys who I think could’ve really made an impact in the college level and in the NBA level was Jody Allen," Peterson told Slam. "He was cold! Jody was ahead of the game even back then and he did some unbelievable things with the basketball, and I just wish he could’ve had a chance to get to this level. He would have been something to watch."

Police released no suspect information.

Williams said funeral arrangements have not yet been made.

Anyone with information is asked to call Flint police at 810-237-6801 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-800-422-JAIL.

fuigb3

"...made some poor decisions that made him live a life on the streets. It stopped him from going on to college to play ball... He wasn't an angel, but no one deserves to die that way..."

Sounds like a challenge for an enterprising crime/features writer. Any chance that there will be a follow-up story? What did Jody Allen do after high school and what was the path that led him to become a homicide victim?

Politically Correct

Follow up story? You can tell it in 3 words....talent....drugs.....death.

Guest-a-roni

If you look up his name you'll see he has spent most of his life in and out of prison for crack sales, managing a drug house among other things such as fleeting police and weapon charges. I agree no one deserves to die this way. No matter what he's done, he has people in his life who loved him and are devastated over his death, however I am tired of reading the news about the latest killing, and reading these fluff pieces about the victims and how they were all stand up community members, and to find out they were drug dealers and guilty of some pretty bad crimes. So you're absolutely correct...talent...drugs...death.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:45 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION

MDOC Number: 373589
SID Number: 2473997H
Name: JORDACHE DONTE ALLEN
Racial Identification: Black
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Date of Birth: 02/23/1978 (34)
JORDACHE DONTE ALLEN Image Date: 6/21/2007
MDOC STATUS
Current Status: Discharged Earliest Release Date:
Assigned Location: Discharge Date: 01/02/2011
Security Level:
ALIASES MARKS, SCARS & TATTOOS
JODY ALLEN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JORDACHE DANTE ALLEN
Other- Arm - scratch marks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scar- Right Leg

PRISON SENTENCES
ACTIVE
None
INACTIVE
Sentence 1
Offense: Controlled Substance-Possess Narcotic/Cocaine < 25 Grams Minimum Sentence: 2 years 1 month 0 days
MCL#: 333.74032A5 / 769.11 Maximum Sentence: 8 years 0 months
Court File#: 07020228-FH-J Date of Offense: 02/15/2006
County: Genesee Date of Sentence: 06/18/2007
Conviction Type: Plea Discharge Date: 01/02/2011
Discharge Reason: Offender Discharge
PROBATION SENTENCES
ACTIVE
None
INACTIVE
Sentence 1
Offense: Weapons - Carrying Concealed Minimum Sentence:
MCL#: 750.227 Maximum Sentence: 3 years 0 months
Court File#: 01-08054-FH Date of Offense: 04/26/2001
County: Genesee Date of Sentence: 10/08/2001
Conviction Type: Plea Discharge Date: 12/16/2002
Discharge Reason: Discharged Without Improvement
Sentence 2
Offense: Police Officer - Fleeing - Fourth Degree Minimum Sentence:
MCL#: 750.479A2 Maximum Sentence: 4 years 0 months
Court File#: 0210510-FH Date of Offense: 04/11/2002
County: Genesee Date of Sentence: 10/25/2002
Conviction Type: Plea Discharge Date: 06/22/2007
Sentence 3
Offense: Controlled Substance-Maintaining a Drug House Minimum Sentence:
MCL#: 333.7405D Maximum Sentence: 3 years 0 months
Court File#: 02-10352-FH Date of Offense: 03/15/2002
County: Genesee Date of Sentence: 10/25/2002
Conviction Type: Plea Discharge Date: 06/22/2007
SUPERVISION CONDITIONS
None
Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:02 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man shot and killed at party store in Flint

by NBC25 Newsroom

Posted: 07.17.2012 at 4:27 AM

Police investigate a shooting at the Quick Pick Party Store in Flint. / Mike McManaman

FLINT -- For the second time as many months, a man has been killed outside the Quick Pick Party Store in Flint.

The incident occurred around midnight at the party store on W. Court near Corunna Road, not far from Kettering University.

At last report, around 3 a.m. this morning, detectives were still on the scene.

Police say the man was shot several times and taken to Hurley Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Authorities are still searching for suspects.
Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:20 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man shot and killed outside Quick Pick party store in Flint

Published: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 12:24 AM Updated: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 1:37 AM

By Khalil AlHajal | kalhajal@mlive.com

Enlarge Griffin Moores Griffin Moores | MLive.com Converging on the scene of a fatal shooting at the intersection of West Corunna Road and West Court Street, police officers cordoned off the block surrounding a party store where the attack took place in Flint, Mich. on Monday July 16, 2012.

FLINT, MI — A man was shot and killed outside the Quick Pick party store around 11:30 p.m., police said.

Police said the man appeared to have been shot four times in the leg and was bleeding profusely before he was taken away by ambulance from the parking lot at Court Street and Corunna Road to Hurley Medical Center.

He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.

Officers were searching the area for a suspect and requested a K-9.

Police questioned at least one person at a home a short distance east of the store after approaching the house with guns drawn.

Neighbors who saw the aftermath of the shooting said the man kept attempting to stand up as paramedics tried to treat him before falling motionless. They performed CPR as they took him away.

Police roped off the entire parking lot with caution tape and then extended the crime scene to Glenwood Avenue, where shoes and other apparent items of evidence were found.

A large pool of blood lay in the middle of the parking lot, surrounded by orange cones police use to mark evidence.

ATF agents at one point investigated alongside Flint police at the scene.

The slaying is the second in the same parking in two months.

A man was stabbed there and died of his injuries after a fight with a man and a woman on May 26.
Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:25 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woman shot in leg in Flint early this morning listed in good condition

Published: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 5:53 AM Updated: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 5:54 AM

FLINT, MI -- A woman was shot in the leg around 12:45 a.m. today at a home on Root Street near 5th Avenue, according to police.

She was listed in good condition.

The shooting came about an hour after a man was shot in the leg at a party store at Gleenwood and Court. He lost a lot of blood and was pronounced dead at a local party store.

Anyone with information about either incident is asked to call Flint police at 810-237-6801 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-800-422-JAIL.
Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

ATF Raid – Flint, MI – 7/16/12

Update from Flint Police Operations: Observers reported two raids over a span of two hours in the Court Street and Mansfield area (near Manhall Park), It was a joint operation with the ATF, flint Police and possibly other police agencies.

FPO reported multiple arrests. There have been multiple complaints of criminal activity in that area. A fence has been erected around the park.
Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint police investigating triple homicide on city's west side, fourth person shot

Published: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 5:40 AM Updated: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 7:14 AM

David Harris | mlive.comPolice are investigating a triple homicide that occurred at a home on Tacken and Frazer.
FLINT, MI -- Two men and one woman were shot to death around 3:30 a.m. today at a home on Frazer and Tacken streets, according to Capt. T.P. Johnson.

A fourth person, a woman, also was shot. She climbed out the window and called 911, Johnson said. She is at the hospital and listed in good condition, Johnson said.

There is a possible fifth person who is a suspect, Johnson said.

Police are at the very preliminary stages of their investigation. It is unclear what happened at the home.

A gun was found in the house.

The scene is roped off by crime tape. Detectives are in the house investigating. Chief Alvern Lock also is on scene.

Anyone with information is asked to call Flint police at 810-237-6801 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-800-422-JAIL.
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:32 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

NBC25 Newsroom

Four people were shot, three killed at this home early on Wednesday morning. / Brett Dickie

Read more: Local, Crime, Tacken Street, Four Shot in Flint, Flint Police, Fraser Street, Two Suspects, Burgundy Impala

FLINT -- Four people have been shot at a home on the 700 block of Tacken Street on Flint's west side.

NBC25 has confirmed that three of the victims are dead, two males and one female. The other victim, a female, is injured but in stable condition.

One of the female victims was able to escape the scene and walk two blocks to a neighbor's house on Fraser Street where she called police.

The incident occurred just before 4 a.m. this morning.

Chief Alvern Lock is one of the Flint Police officers currently on the scene.

Information about the suspects arelimited but it's beleived that they are two males and they could be driving a burgundy Impala.

This is a developing story, stay with NBC25 throughout the day for more details.
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:48 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

AND IT IS ONLY WEDNESDAY

Triple homicde makes five killed this week; tally 38 for the year

Published: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 7:49 AM Updated: Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 7:49 AM

FLINT, MI -- A deadly week in Flint has seen five homicides in four days, the latest a triple homicide that occurred early this morning.

There have been 38 homicides so far this year, that puts the tally ahead of last year and the record setting 2010.

Flint didn't reach that total until mid-August those two years. It already surpassed the total of 36 homicides in 2009.

Two men and one woman are dead, while another woman was shot and is listed in good condition at the hospital. A gun was found at the home.

A possible suspect is believed to be on the loose, police said.

The Michigan State Police Crime Lab just pulled up on scene.

Police have released no further information.

There have been two other homicides this week. On Sunday, Jody Allen, a 36-year-old standout basketball player at Flint Northwestern, was shot to death at a home on Odette.

A man was shot at the Quick Pick liquor store at Corunna and Court on Monday night.
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:00 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Lock is at the scene of the triple homicide? That'll help - NOT!

Yesterday there was what appeared to be an ATF raid at the gas station at Court & Beecher. A friend drove by & saw people wearing ATF vests handcuffing several people.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

FLINT, MI -- Equipment used for growing marijuana was reported stolen in a burglary Monday, according to a police report.

The victim told police a burglar gained entry to the home by pushing in an air conditioner at the home on Boston Avenue sometime before 4:20 a.m. Tuesday.

Several flat-screen televisions, computers, electronics and leather coats were reported stolen, according to police.

Also stolen were five hoods and two lights used for growing marijuana, according to the report.

There were no immediate arrests in the case and the home is insured, according to the police report.
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:04 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I have seen homes with metal bar cages that protect the air conditioner from being stolen or pushed in. This type of robbery is getting common.
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:06 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Any idea where to get one of those cages? All I have are cameras around the house connected to recorders.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
brianstarr
F L I N T O I D

well the victim of that breaking and entering can pretty much kiss all of his stuff good bye because the police are not going to recover any of it i hope hes got some type of insurance cause thats the only way hes going to replace the stuff.and unfortunately i have alot of experience in this area and thats how i know the police are going to be useless beyond the filling out of the report stage
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:02 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Any idea where to get one of those cages? All I have are cameras around the house connected to recorders.
Dave, you might check with this local business. If they don't do it they probably know who does. Ornamental Security Doors Inc - (810) 733-6790. 3042 W Pasadena Ave, Flint, MI 48504. I'm not affiliated but landlord used them for bars on windows of commercial building. Sadly, vandal threw rocks and spider-webbed the glass through the bars.
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:58 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: