FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A Violent Summer and the violence continues!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I know that they're very expensive for window bars, but I'll see what they have to say. Thanks for the tip.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Very depressing. Things seemed to have calmed down and then bang another murder and another shooting victim critical.

Flint Police Operations first reported a shooting at the Dawn Donuts on Clio and Pasadena. That man is critical.

Sadly a 17 yr old was murdered on Yorkshire in River Park apartments. The suspects also shot at a security guard as they escaped.

What I find so appalling about these crime reports is the number of people who "blame the victim". Not all victims are guilty of sometimes being the suspect in another incident. Many victims are caught in the crossfire or hit by random gunfire.

Being poor in itself is not a crime, Nor is being black a reason to dismiss the crime. Comments like let the north end kill each other off are denigrating and insulting to all of the good residents that live in the north end and the east side. Highsmith described the situations that created pockets of poverty in Flint, mostly for African-Americans.
Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:00 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The mother of this young man came on line and was distressed by all of the derogatory comments about poor people, welfare and young black males. She did not deserve this!
Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:01 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Now at 40.
-----------------------------------------
Police confirm 20-year-old man shot in Flint Sunday dead; second death Sunday from gun violence
Published: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 6:57 PM Updated: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 6:58 PM
Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com By Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com
Follow
Share Email Print
flintpolice.jpgView full sizeFile Photo
FLINT, MI -- A 20-year-old man shot early Sunday morning in a parking lot on Clio Road has died, according to Flint police.

The man was listed in critical condition this morning after he was found around 4 a.m. lying in the parking lot of Dawn Donuts and taken to Hurley Medical Center for his injuries.

Police do not know at this time what type of weapon was used during the shooting or have any suspect information.

The death is the second one Sunday due to gun violence. A 16-year-old boy was shot in the chest and killed outside a building at River Park Apartments around 4:30 a.m. Police said there may have been a confrontation that led to that shooting.

Dozens of shell casings from at least two handguns and long guns were marked off on the ground with small orange cones.

Members of the city's Crime Scene Investigation and Traffic Reconstruction Unit pieced together the scene at River Park this morning as residents watched on from outside and inside their homes.

Anyone with information on the shootings has been asked to call Flint Police at 810-237-6800 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-422-5245.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Murders # 39 & 40.

we have already passed our murder toll for 2009 and working towards our worst years.

Chicago death toll is exceeding even higher and they blame it on gangs.
Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:50 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint police investigate shooting on city's east side, victim in good condition

Published: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 2:20 PM Updated: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 3:39 PM

FLINT, MI --

Police were called to the area of Oklahoma and North Vernon avenues for a report of an ambulance working on a subject who sustained a gunshot wound around 1 p.m.

The victim was taken to Hurley Medical Center and was listed in good condition.

The victim's black Chevrolet sport utility vehicle sat facing east bound on Oklahoma with a bullet hole in the windshield near the steering wheel on the driver's side.

Blood was visible around the drivers-side of the vehicle.

A female passenger from the victim's vehicle sat in the backseat of a Flint police SUV.

Scanner traffic said officers were searching for a black Dodge or Lincoln SUV in connection to the shooting.

Officers also had the intersection of nearby Delaware and North Franklin Avenues blocked off. Scanner traffic says bullet casings were found in the area.

The incident remains under investigation.
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The ABC News at Noon staed 42 murders.
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:01 pm 
flygirl311
F L I N T O I D

This isn't about being white or black, male or female, or rich or poor. Nobody 16 years old has any business being out at 4:30AM. The only people that should be out at that hour are ones who are either going to or returning home from work. At last check, there isn't an employer that has 16 year olds working at that hour. The young man's mother can be distressed all she wants about what others are saying, but the bottom line is that if he was out at 4:30AM, he was probably up to no good!!
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:38 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

One news report states he was walking a girl home. The girl fled to her mother and he died making sure she was safe.

Who made you the arbitrator of all things people should do. I grew up in a suburban setting outside Flint and during the summer we played games outside until 1 or 2 am . Granted it was a safer world then but I don't believe in blaming the victim. It is summer and kids play games and watch tv until all hours.
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:30 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Webs and flygirl Flint is a war zone. I try not to be out and about in Flint after midnight if I ever even go out. I also try and avoid typical Flint murder sites. Technically since we're basically in a war zone we should probably have a dusk to dawn curfew in place to try and lower the body count like they do in other war zones in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Yes Flint is a war zone, but it shouldn't be. This young man should have had the right to walk a girl home and not fear getting murdered. It is so sad that we accept these limitations on our freedoms.
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:08 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

4:30 a.m. is violation of curfew for 16-year-old in the City of Flint.
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Yes if he were out on the streets but I hardly think that would apply to walking some one home in an apartment complex. Kids in their own yard would probably not apply to the curfew. My neighbors play basketball after curfew in their own yard and keep the noise down with no problems.
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:44 pm 
flygirl311
F L I N T O I D

Webs, I don't know what planet you're from, but with what's been going on in the City of Flint, you would have to be a total idiot to be out at 4:30am for any reason unless, as I stated earlier, coming from or going to work. There is a curfew on the books that states if you're 16 or under, you're suppose to be off the streets, (any street, even in an apt community) by Midnight. So, you can continue your liberal rant, about civil liberties being taken away to someone to shares your misguided opinion!!!
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:52 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flygirl- For you or anyone to denigrate someone because they live in the City of Flint is reprehensible. By your rants, it would be okay in the suburbs.

I should have the freedom to drive to TIM HORTON's for a coffee or to the 7-11 if I am having insomnia in the middle of the night without fear of dying. You are saying the victims, the people who live in Flint, cannot or should not expect to enjoy simple freedoms. Everyone who ventures out at night and is the victim of crime is not a criminal or someone who should have stayed home. I love to wake up at 4 am and drive-should that be wrong?

That is why the populace is moving. This violence might fly in a third world country, but we consider ourselves free. Comments on M-Live and other blogs calling the black community troglydites and sub-humanoid are products of the radical and racist right.

I sat in the meetings where curfews were designed and voted on. Trust me they were not meant for this kid. Sometimes those who die in Flint are not angels and sometimes they are innocent people caught in random gunfire.
Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:09 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: