FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Post Back to the Bricks comments here

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Raymond Sist
F L I N T O I D

Since the media won't report anything bad that happened, post what you saw here.

I was a bit surprised at the $1.50 charge to ride the bus to Glenwood Cemetery.

Will the media report on WHY everything was shut down early? NO.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:08 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And another thing how about someone performing some cruising music for a change, Beach Boys, Jan and Dean little deuce coupe, 409 ETC enough of the yearly Motown sound which has nothing to do with cars and cruising. Hey BTB wake up people its a friggin car show. Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:02 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Raymond Sist, Back to the Bricks ended at the scheduled time of 6 p.m. Saturday, August 17th.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:32 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I read the article about a fight starting during the event and being stopped within 30 seconds. My BS meter should have gone off when I read that a dozen people were arrested. I knew I had been scammed when a cop laughed and asked why I did not know what happened with the Gang fight.

Then on facebook a friend was talking about how a man grabbed her and her children telling them to stay down as he secured them between two cars. He then used his body to shield them as people stampeded down the street. She is very thankful to him. her children are small and could have been serious injured in the rush.

Finally Flint Police Operations posted a photo of the site where the gun was allegedly shown. This was the incident my friend described. Escaping people got the attention of the SWAT team who then dealt with the problem.

The 30 seconds resolution was pure Flint Journal fabrication and they should be ashamed of themselves.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:24 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

There has been a great deal of media coverage on Back to the Bricks. Here are links to some of the mlive articles. The stories covering security base at U of M are particularly impressive.

Watch police clear streets at end of Back to the Bricks
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/08/watch_police_clear_streets_as.html

Back to the Bricks will break in UM-Flint Emergency Operation Center with eyes on downtown
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/08/upgrades_to_um-flint_emergency.html

Back to the Bricks: Public safety task force will continue zero tolerance policies
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2013/08/back_to_the_bricks_public_safe_1.html

Back To The Bricks: Maps detail the Rolling Cruise and Car Show events, car clubs
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2013/08/back_to_the_bricks_maps_for_th.html

Back to the Bricks: What you need to know about the big car show
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2013/08/back_to_the_bricks_getting_in.html

Back to the Bricks 2013 Event Schedule
http://cruisnews.com/article/back-bricks-2013-event-schedule
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:20 am 
Raymond Sist
F L I N T O I D

Wait until you see the print edition of today's journal (small r is deliberate) where they mention "Naturalizing" several parks. I this case I think the word means quit maintaining them at all & let them grow wild. I can guess which parks this will apply to.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:21 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I don't know if webs was there but this facebook poster was.

BroBob

Were you there about 6:30 pm Friday? They were fighting in the street, police were keeping some of it in check. That's the way those people (animals) are like, they're not happy if they're not stirring something up. That's where I'm going with the "storm trooper" demonstration by law enforcement. It's what works best.

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:17 am 
Raymond Sist
F L I N T O I D

I wasn't able to attend due to health issues, but my wife & son were there. If I had gone, I would have worn my "Flint's original back to the bricks T-shirt". The one with the chalked outline of a body laying on the bricks.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:39 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I heard police were out in force.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:49 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
twotap schreef:
I don't know if webs was there but this facebook poster was.

BroBob

Were you there about 6:30 pm Friday? They were fighting in the street, police were keeping some of it in check. That's the way those people (animals) are like, they're not happy if they're not stirring something up. That's where I'm going with the "storm trooper" demonstration by law enforcement. It's what works best.

I don't go to any event downtown. I saw my facebook friends talking about fights and being afraid though. They said too many young people were there without adults
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:51 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Too many "young people" AKA thugs from the North End.

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:15 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: