FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Your dangerous dog may cost you

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint Ordinance: Vicious Dog Bite - Goodwin & Scieszka
www.1888goodwin.com/2014/05/13/flint-ordinance-vicious-dog-bite/ - 44k - Cached - Similar pages
May 13, 2014 ... Flint, Michigan has a vicious dog bite statute: (1) Any dog with a propensity, tendency or disposition to attack, to cause injury or otherwise ...Flint Ordinance: Vicious Dog Bite

BY TRAFFIC / TUESDAY, 13 MAY 2014 / PUBLISHED IN UNCATEGORIZED
Flint, Michigan has a vicious dog bite statute:

(1) Any dog with a propensity, tendency or disposition to attack, to cause injury or otherwise endanger the safety of human beings or other domestic animals; or

(2) Any dog which has previously attacked or bitten a human being or other domestic animal other than under the type of circumstances that would be justifiable.

(3) Any dog which has behaved in such a manner that the owner thereof knows or should reasonably know that the dog is possessed of tendencies to attack or bite human beings or other domestic animals other than under the type of circumstances that would be justifiable.

If your dog has bitten someone, not only are you strictly liable for that person’s injuries, but you also have to comply with Flint’s dog bite ordinance’s requirements:

Your animal must be on a leash and muzzle
Your animal must be securely confined indoors
You must display a BEWARE OF DOG sign within 10 days of your dog being deemed dangerous
You need an insurance policy: provide proof to the city of Flint of public liability insurance in a single incident amount of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000.00) for bodily injury to or death of any person or persons which may result from ownership, keeping or maintenance of such animal
You must also provide the city of Flint with 2 colored photographs of the animal
If you’ve been injured by a dog bite you may be entitled to a settlement or financial compensation. After a dog or animal bite it’s very important to contact a Michigan attorney as soon as possible. Don’t risk waiting. Witnesses, victims, medical care providers, and police may not have a clear memory of your dog bite accident and circumstances weeks or months after. Get the justice you deserve.
Post Tue May 20, 2014 3:44 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I have seen three instance where youth have been trying to escape attacking dogs. There have been news stories of horrific attacks on children and adults that have been seriously attacked.

I have to congratulate Councilman Neeley for his efforts to reinforce the dangerous dog ordinance.

Lately I have been hearing from residents on East Seventh about a dog that is allowed to threaten and intimidate the neighbors. You would think that Dr. Susan Smith, An OB GYN director at McLaren would be considerate enough of her neighbors to keep her dog within the fence of her mansion at 1000 E. Seventh. According to her neighbors, the mixed breed brown dog has charged at neighbors and is never on a leash.

The neighbors point out how the dog was loose on may 14th and the post office declined to deliver the mail. The neighbors received notices their mail was not delivered because of the threat presented by the loose dog. Although animal control was notified, the dog was out again on Sunday after 11 am.

The neighbors say there is a disabled woman in a wheelchair and children who go to the park nearby and they fer for their safety.
Post Tue May 20, 2014 4:03 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

When I was working in Flint I remember the thug morons from the North end and eastside having their pitbulls pull a cement block or two to get them in shape for fighting. Maybe Flint needs an ordinance against thugs period.

Post Tue May 20, 2014 7:49 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There are too many loose dogs in Flint. All too often the scanners report threatening dogs. it seems the owner of the dog in the 900 -1000 blocks od w. 7th disagree that their dog is dangerous.
Post Wed May 28, 2014 10:50 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: