FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: poo

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
biggie

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
    Guest posters MUST select "YES" in the "Submit post?" to submit guest post.

Thanks!

Anyway we can get those automatic blank posts from Joe Cool; which are nothing more than Spam?

If it is really just Adam, then its way abusive....to have it posted nearly after every post.

If it is someone else spoofing Adam's site, then it should be stopped too.

thanks,

biggie
Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:26 pm 
biggie

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

Thanks!

Anyway we can get those automatic blank posts from Joe Cool; which are nothing more than Spam?

If it is really just Adam, then its way abusive....to have it posted nearly after every post.

If it is someone else spoofing Adam's site, then it should be stopped too.

thanks,

biggie
Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:26 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I see I wasn't the only one to do that. LOL LOL You don't have to worry about the yes or no button if your logged in. maybe move the Yes or No button down next to the Submit preview buttons. honestly. I didn't notice it up where it was at. I see I wasn't the only one.
Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joe Cool?? I am sorry to say that it all me!

I will give Joe the boot if it really annoys you guys/gurlys soooo much.

As far as moving the yes no option for guest, there is only so much I can do.

Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
biggie

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

Steve,

IMO, "Joe Cool" ads/then blank posts add nothing to the dialogue on the threads, and for me, are annoying in that they take up physical space on the threads that one has to scroll past. I find it a bit much to see "Joe/Snoopy" on every thread, yet adding nothing to the discussion except a commercial distraction.

But. Its your site, and thus your call. I don't belong to any other group/forum that does that; in fact the admins/users would consider such action spam. The ads are in the headers/footers, side etc.

Just my take. I'd vote remove "Joe Cool".

Bigie
Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:24 am 
biggie

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

Steve,

IMO, "Joe Cool" ads/then blank posts add nothing to the dialogue on the threads, and for me, are annoying in that they take up physical space on the threads that one has to scroll past. I find it a bit much to see "Joe/Snoopy" on every thread, yet adding nothing to the discussion except a commercial distraction.

But. Its your site, and thus your call. I don't belong to any other group/forum that does that; in fact the admins/users would consider such action spam. The ads are in the headers/footers, side etc.

Bigie
Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:25 am 
biggie

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

Steve,

Biggie
Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:26 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I've been trying to limit my ads from coming up every time. Hopefully I will get things right in the next few weeks. Couldn't you have the ads somewhere else like at the top or bottom. It is annoying in the middle of the posts.
Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:55 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

Thanks!

Steve how do I contact you??? I have some questions for ya.. Whats your e mail? mine is RyanEashoo@aol.com
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Roln19s
F L I N T O I D

You should make it o that EVERYONE WHO POST IS REGISTERED TO THE SITE BEFORE THEY POST w/ VALID Email Addresses.

Desired Image Custom Club - Flint MI. - President
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for your hard work Steve! Al
Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:17 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Thanks for your hard work Steve! Al

I agree with AL, good work Steve!! Keep Flint Talking!

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: