FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Michael Moore Breaks Silence

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

In his first interview in a year, Academy award winning filmmaker Michael Moore spoke out on Supertalk1570 WWCK AM radio in Flint, Michigan. Appearing live on the Dave Barber Show, Moore blasted GM for their announcement of plant closings in the United States, including a factory in Moore's hometown of Flint, Michigan. "It's weirdly ironic that it's 19 years today, when I first thought of doing a film about General Motors," stated Moore. "Still after all these years GM continues this unfortunate behavior," he added. Moore believes the timing of the announcement, just before the holidays, was intended to "paralyze" the employees, so they could not "climb out of their depression" to fight back! Moore went on to blame the current GM leadership for their claimed $4 billion revenue loss. Moore questioned, "Has any GM executive in the last 30 years even bothered to take a Honda or Toyota for a drive around the block?" Referencing the fact that maybe those in charge would realize the qualities consumers are looking for, in their foreign counterparts. "This arrogance and stupidity," Moore commented has led the company to near economic ruin. Moore went on to say, "General Motors leadership has turned the American dream into the American nightmare!"

Moore, who has refused all media interviews in recent months, appeared exclusively on the Dave Barber show, heard each weekday from 9:00 AM - Noon. Barber, a veteran news talker received a call from Moore just minutes before the impromptu live appearance. Moore, troubled by what has happened in Flint and other industrial areas, wanted to break his silence.

Moore didn't stop with GM plant closings. He used this 60-minute radio appearance to also sharply criticize the Bush administration on a wide range of issues, particularly the war in Iraq. Moore made no apology for his controversial statements on Oscar night when he professed that the Bush administration had plunged the US into a "fictitious war." Moore continued his attack by calling President Bush "Embarrassing and frightening."

Dave Barber has three times been selected by Talkers Magazine as one of the counties Top 100 Talk Show Hosts. Even he was surprised by this last minute appearance from Moore. "When Michael walks in your studio, people tend to take notice," Barber said.

CONTACT: Dave Barber of Cumulus Broadcasting, Inc., +1-810-407-3283, or Barber1570@aol.com

Web site: http://davebarbershow.com/

Full Story:
http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4155590
Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Damn that was a good interview, its still on Dave Barbers web site too.

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

sorry, thought it said Michael Moore Breaks Wind....thought it was a new story. its not.

move along people nothing to see here.

BTW, GM executives, engineers, et al, all drive competitive vehicles, all the time. In fact we have entire buildings dedicated to tearing them down part by part, analyzing and evaluating their design, engineering, materials etc.

to ask the question in the way he did, indicates profound ignorance on his part. I'm surprised, frankly. As someone who covered GM so intently, that he'd not know what GM does do and not do, what their strengths and weaknesses are can only be discerned if one has an accurate & complete picture of the subject.

he apparently does not, IMO.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:22 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
sorry, thought it said Michael Moore Breaks Wind....thought it was a new story. its not.

BTW, GM executives, engineers, et al, all drive competitive vehicles, all the time. In fact we have entire buildings dedicated to tearing them down part by part, analyzing and evaluating their design, engineering, materials etc.

to ask the question in the way he did, indicates profound ignorance on his part. I'm surprised, frankly. As someone who covered GM so intently, that he'd not know what GM does do and not do, what their strengths and weaknesses are can only be discerned if one has an accurate & complete picture of the subject.

First, I agree Biggie...I read wind. Second, the question either shows profound ignorance or total disregard for the truth. I'm also sure he knows that GM execs have driven foreign cars, but wouldn't be opposed to leading others to believe otherwise.
Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:31 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:

Well, the mentality of people has changed, people don't care no more.
GM workers in the old days had pride, most don't anymore.

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
pissed off ma ma bear

I totally disagree with you Ryan ,,,,,my husband is tired of people saying GM workers do not have pride in thier work,,,you walk a minute in a GM workers shoes on the line and you tell me that getting up every day,,,day in day out for 34 years,,,,,at 5 am,,,and working until they tell you that you can go home,,,is not pride in your work,,,GM workers are not a work as you feel job,,,,,like we do in Real Estate,,,it is a hard back breaking job,,most of the workers knees,,,,elbows,,,backs,,,are gone out by age 45,,,my husband who is in good shape is having problems with his knees,,,,he has seen friends die of strange cancers,,,,because he works in the Paint Department of GM,,,,,He always buys a GM vehicle,,,,we could get the same discount on any other make,,,,but his pride in his work keeps him buying GM ,,,,,,,,he loves the new truck he is building,,,and I think GM will continue to be number one,,,,,look at the new CAmaro coming out,,,The Truck won truck of the year,,,as the car,,,,the Saturn,,,you need to remember this is still an Automotive Town,,,,and all us Realtors need to remember this before driving up to list a house driving a HONDA<,,,,,it will be a Cold Day in Hell before I will ever Drive a Honda,,,or a Toyota,,,I remember what they did to us in World war two,,,,I think more should take a history lesson and them maybe they would think twice before putting a buck in Japans hand over thier neighbors,,,,,
Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:04 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I agree ma ma bear. My mom, grandfather, and uncle, all GM employees or retirees, have tremendous pride and loyalty to their employer and their product. Sure, there are a few workers who don't appreciate what they have or what they do, but that's common in every business and profession. While there are considerably less GM jobs in this town than 10 or 20 years ago, this area still has a high concentration of GM employees. Besides those who work in the plants still open in Flint, there are many who commute to GM plants in other cities, like Lake Orion or Lansing. My mom drives to Lansing and back everyday, but is trying to transfer back here. A few months ago, my fiance bought a used honda hatchback and my mom didn't speak to him for a week and a half.
Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:27 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pissed off ma ma bear schreef:
I totally disagree with you Ryan ,,,,,my husband is tired of people saying GM workers do not have pride in thier work,,,you walk a minute in a GM workers shoes on the line and you tell me that getting up every day,,,day in day out for 34 years,,,,,at 5 am,,,and working until they tell you that you can go home,,,is not pride in your work,,,GM workers are not a work as you feel job,,,,,like we do in Real Estate,,,it is a hard back breaking job,,most of the workers knees,,,,elbows,,,backs,,,are gone out by age 45,,,my husband who is in good shape is having problems with his knees,,,,he has seen friends die of strange cancers,,,,because he works in the Paint Department of GM,,,,,He always buys a GM vehicle,,,,we could get the same discount on any other make,,,,but his pride in his work keeps him buying GM ,,,,,,,,he loves the new truck he is building,,,and I think GM will continue to be number one,,,,,look at the new CAmaro coming out,,,The Truck won truck of the year,,,as the car,,,,the Saturn,,,you need to remember this is still an Automotive Town,,,,and all us Realtors need to remember this before driving up to list a house driving a HONDA<,,,,,it will be a Cold Day in Hell before I will ever Drive a Honda,,,or a Toyota,,,I remember what they did to us in World war two,,,,I think more should take a history lesson and them maybe they would think twice before putting a buck in Japans hand over thier neighbors,,,,,

Sorry I shouldn't of said "ALL", but alot of them do.[b] [/b]

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:29 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: